The Local Sustainable Travel Fund (LSTF) was a £4.6 million programme which was designed to help Cheshire West and Chester Council target workplaces in the Chester and Ellesmere Port areas, but also reaching into Deeside, Wrexham, and Merseyside, to help attract new job opportunities and make journeys to existing workplaces easier to access.
The LSTF Programme, aimed to:
- Promote car sharing to connect people making the same journeys each day
- Get more people cycling, walking and using bus and rail
- Help the environment by cutting down on carbon emissions
- Encourage job opportunities and transport to existing jobs
- Improve health by promoting healthy ways to travel
- Offer people advice, help, equipment and motivation
- Make journeys to work cheaper, quicker, less stressful and easier than before.